Friday, December 16, 2005

 

Christmas

I always loved the Posies song, Christmas, on the Just Say Noël comp from 1996 (buy it). It took a while before I found out that it was a cover (I had wondered why they would be singing about Boston). Turns out the original is by yet another band from Boston, Fuzzy, who were poised to be the Next Big Thing for about 6 or 7 minutes in the mid-'90s. The song is on their second album, Electric Juices (buy it dirt cheap), from 1996. It's a purty (but pretty depressing) song; I think I still prefer the Posies version.

Christmas (zip of both versions)

Oookaaay, while finishing up this post, I discovered that the Fuzzy version is not the original, either. It was written by Florence Dore, a singer/songwriter who did time here in Boston, too. Dunno what she released it on in the first place but she does have a CD, Perfect City (buy it), on her site with a version of it (the original? who knows?)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?