Wednesday, August 03, 2005

 

Sleighride to Heck

Today's noon post features another New Englander. James Kochalka may be better known for the comics that he produces (buy some) than the music he releases under the name James Kochalka Superstar; both are lots of fun. His newest album, Our Most Beloved (buy it), is a collection of tracks that have been previously released. There are old favorites like "Magic Finger" ("It's my dink, it's my dink / It's a magic finger / Pointing at all the pretty girls"), "Monkey vs. Robot" and "Put Down the Gun" ("Put down the gun Kurt Cobain / Don't blow out your brain"). I'm not sure where the song I'm posting is from originally, this is the first place I've seen it. I guess it was originally done in 1992 with his old band, Jazzin' Hell but it sounds like it probably was re-recorded.

Sleighride to Heck

Some of the best abuse of Auto-Tune since the "Trendy American remix" of the White Stripes' "Pretty Good Looking."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?