Wednesday, January 05, 2005

 

Thank God It's Not Christmas

This Sparks tune is from their brilliant 1974 album Kimono My House (buy it). It was one of those albums that I (as a music dork) always read was a 'must-have' but I never got it until after someone gave me a tape. (Thanks Charlotte!) I had one of those moments: "I know you people told me it was good but, dang! You didn't tell me it was that good. (Okay, well, maybe you did. But you didn't make me believe you!)"

Thank God It's Not Christmas

Perhaps not a Christmas song in the traditional sense but since it's about Christmas (in part, at least), I say it makes the cut.

Say, does anyone know if Queen's "Thank God It's Christmas" (buy it) was a response?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?