Saturday, December 18, 2004

 

Put the Loot in the Boot, Santa

In 1966, Mae West released a Christmas album on Dagonet called Wild Christmas. Backing her was a young garage band called Somebody's Chyldren; they also played on her Way out West LP, released the same year. While "Santa, Come up to See Me" (the tune that you hear mentioned the most) is a fine song, I prefer

Put the Loot in the Boot, Santa

Yeah, it's more of a novelty number but I think it suits her, and the old-timey schtick kinda works, don'tcha think?

Thanks to Michael for hooking me up with this hard-to-come-by album!

Comments:
Heh heh...great track, thanks for sharing! I've been enjoying the blog and I hope some other folks will start posting comments as well. Keep up the good work!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?