Monday, December 13, 2004

 

Good King Wenceslas

With today's post, I'm breaking one of my self-imposed guidelines -- not to post any tracks that are on readily available collections of Christmas music. Thing is, I didn't even know it was on a comp until doing a little research for this post. See, I have this track on a promo-only CD single. Turns out it was originally released on a 7" on the Trance Syndicate label in 1994, four whole years before the CD I have came out. Then I come to find out that in 1997 it was included on an EMI budget comp of Christmas rock called Rockin' in Your Stockin' (buy it, it's durn cheap!). Since I was already set to post this (and I have to get dinner cooked before the missus gets home), I decided to blunder on ahead. So please check out this intoxicating cover by the Butthole Surfers.

Good King Wenceslas

Gibby does Foster Brooks proud.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?